This is not the end-all-be-all but it's a good start. There are a lot of guides/videos out there - this is not an all-inclusive list, just a list of "trusted" or known sources.
The TAK Server
Are you looking to host your own TAK Server? Here are a couple of internal and external resources to get you started.
- TAK Product Center TAK Server (Requires TAK.gov account)
- This is the official TAK Server installation and configuration guide. Topics, guides, and information from myTeckNet come directly from this as a primary source.
- Let's Build a TAK Server - RPM Edition
- This is an in-depth guide on installing a TAK Server using the RPM from the TAK Product Center.
- Cloud RF Docker TAK Server
- This is a Docker wrapper for an official 'OG' TAK server from the TAK Product Center intended for beginners. It will give you a turnkey TAK server with SSL which works with ATAK, iTAK, and WinTAK.
- YouTube - TAK Server Deployment Made Easy - Video by The TAK Syndicate using multiple scripts and resources to deploy a TAK Server in DigitalOcean
- Understanding Groups - Groups segregate clients and control the flow of events into other Groups.
- Implementing Channels - Allows clients to toggle which Group to participate in actively.
Alternate TAK Server Solutions
- PyTAK is a Python Module for creating TAK clients, servers & gateways and includes classes for handling cursor-on-target (CoT) & non-CoT data, as well as functions for serializing CoT data and sending and receiving CoT data over a network.
- FreeTAKServer (FTS) is a Python3 implementation of a TAK Server, it is cross-platform and is free and open source (released under the Eclipse Public License.
- TAKy is a simple cursor-on-target server for TAK Clients.
Public Key Infrastructure
PKI is simply explained as the environment that is used to create, manage, and distribute digital certificates. It is a mix of software and hardware used for client-to-server secure connections.
- Provisioning the TAK Server using a two-tiered PKI hierarchy
- Using the built-in scripts provision the TAK Server as the root certificate authority and the intermediate signing certificate authority.
- Using an external certificate authority to sign your TAK Server
- An in-depth guide on how to publically sign your TAK Server using your own
- Use Let's Encrypt to sign your TAK Server
- Let's Encrypt is a free public CA, this guide covers using LE for the certificate enrollment process using Quick Connect for TAK Clients.
- Creating soft certificates for your clients - This covers the basic requirements needed to connect a TAK Client to the TAK Server.
- Creating client certificates easier - This guide simplifies the TAK client soft certificate generation by creating a script to execute the required tasks for generating a client certificate into one command.
- Revoking soft certificates for your clients - This covers the basic command for certificate revocation - which is used to forcefully invalidate an issued soft certificate.
- Revoking certificates easier - This guide simplifies the certificate revocation process by creating a script to simplify this task.
- Onboarding clients using Data/Mission Packages - This guide covers how to simplify the onboarding of TAK clients to a TAK Server.
- Customizing ATAK with a standard preference file - Video by The TAK Syndicate describing how to custom and share ATAK preferences
- Creating custom AD/LDAP attributes to apply to ATAK - This guide covers how to create custom attributes for AD/LDAP integrated TAK Servers to control TAK Client membership attributes.
- Vehicle Navigation System (VNS) - The ATAK VNS plugin requires a cloud API key to use the Google Maps Platform Routes.
- Sensors and Signals - SnS provides TAK integration and operational support, and provides end-to-end integration with the TAK Product ecosystem, bringing modern situational awareness to the edge.
- Ampledata.org - Authored by the same developer at SnS, this site provides a quick link repository and links to TAK/CoT projects and more.
- GitHub - Repository of cursor-on-target projects
- TAK Tools - cgmckeever provides multiple tools to assist beginners in the provisioning of a TAK Server and manage many aspects of the TAK Server, clients, and more.
- GitHub - JoshuaFuller - maintains a GitHub repository of TAK projects.
- TAK Maps - a repository of consolidated open-source map sources.
- TAK Community Forum - an old-school bulletin board-style forum outside of the TAK Discord TAK community to provide a searchable reference for solved issues.
- TAK Discord TAK Community - An open TAK Discord discussion group covering a wide scope of topics from development to administration.
Computer Based Training (CBT)
TAK as a Service (TaaS)
TAK as a Service is an online cloud provider of TAK Server provided to customers on a subscription plan.